Center for East Asian Medicine
Mastering the Art of Writing a Custom TCM Herbal Formula…
Objectives for the Course:
• We will be learning a step-by-step approach to writing a custom Chinese herbal formula that works for each patient.
• A review of the history of Chinese herbal medicine and the great scholar doctors who shaped it (i.e., Zhang Zhong Jing, Li Dong Yuan, Zhu Dan Xie, etc.).
• A review of pattern differentiation and the bank of knowledge one needs to know to craft a formula.
• A review of taking a complete TCM medical history, assessing, diagnosing, and formulating a hypothesis (diagnosis of what you think is going on with the patient.) and either confirming it or denying it.
• The three important types of potential medicinal toxicity.
• Use of Chinese Herbal Medicine in pregnancy and lactation.
• Contraindications with patients who are on western medications.
• How to Create Your own Raw (or Powdered) Chinese Herbal Pharmacy for your clinic.
• Case Studies will be presented in each class.
Prerequisite: This course is for the advanced student of Traditional Chinese Medicine with basic knowledge of the Materia Medica and Formula’s and Strategies written by Bensky and Gamble. The student should be familiar with the most commonly used 300 individual Chinese herbs plus the 100 essential formulas, and their categories.
NCCAOM CEU's pending...
For more information, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org